A vegetarian spring pasta dish! It's creamy, cheesy and bright thanks to the lemon! The asparagus offers the best little crunch and gives this dish a little heartiness! Plus it's done in 20ish minutes!
- 1 lb spaghetti, linguini or fettuccini
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 small yellow onion, or half of a large one, diced
- 1 bunch of asparagus, cut into 1 inch pieces
- salt and pepper
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth can use chicken if adding meat
- juice of 1 lemon
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan
In a large pot, boil salted water for pasta. Once boiling, add noodles and cook until done.
Meanwhile, in a large skillet, melt 2 tbsp butter over medium heat. Once melted, add the onion and asparagus and season with salt and pepper. Cook for about 5 minutes until slightly softened. Then add in garlic and cook for 1 minute until fragrant.
Next add in the heavy cream, vegetable broth, lemon juice and Italian seasoning. Simmer for 5 minutes.
Stir in the cheeses and let cook until melty. Then toss in the cooked pasta. Zest some fresh lemon over the top and serve. Enjoy!
For more recipes like this, check out @Tessa_port !