Lemon Pepper Salmon
1 pound salmon filet, skin removed
1 tablespoon freshly grated lemon zest
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon cracked black pepper
1 tablespoon EVOO
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
2 eggs, whisked
2 medium carrots, peeled and diced
1 small white onion, diced
1/2 cup frozen peas
3 cloves garlic, minced
Salt and pepper
4 cups cooked and chilled quinoa
3 green onions, thinly sliced
3-4 tablespoons soy sauce, or more to taste
2 teaspoons oyster sauce (optional)
1/2 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- Heat oven to 400℉. Line Baking Sheet with aluminum foil.
- Place salmon into prepared pan. Sprinkle with lemon zest, salt and pepper. Divide butter with olive oil and sea salt evenly among tops of salmon fillets. Pour lemon juice over top.
- Bake, uncovered, 12-15 minutes or until salmon flakes easily with fork. Serve with lemon wedges and fresh parsley sprigs, if desired.
- Heat 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil in 9.5" Deep Frypan over medium-high heat. Add eggs, and cook until scrambled, stirring occasionally.
- Remove egg, and transfer to a separate plate.
- Add an additional 1 tablespoons olive oil to the pan and heat. Add carrots, onion, peas and garlic, and season with a generous pinch of salt and pepper. Sauté for about 5 minutes, or until the onion and carrots are soft. Increase heat to high, add in the remaining 1 1/2 tablespoons of olive oil, and stir. Immediately add the cooked quinoa, green onions, soy sauce and oyster sauce (if using), and stir until combined. Continue stirring for an additional 3 minutes to fry the quinoa. Then add in the eggs and stir to combine. Add the sesame oil, stir to combine, and remove from heat.
- Serve warm.